Sunday, September 14, 2014

The one sure indicator that the world is at its end







Have you considered your shadow recently?

take a look.
Notice that your shadow is your reverse;
your reflection, but in gray.

Have you realized that there is a world of reverse everywhere? that for every action there is an opposite, shaded one that occurs in shadow?
Imagine the world that runs in reverse, full of shadows of our life.
Reflections on the pavement.
Imagine that everything is done twice; one with sound and the other done the same, but detached from the noise-making part of the world.
part of a different world.

and then theres my own personal shadow.
it follows me everywhere. I know because I've been watching it.
I wonder, what would it be like to not have one?
to look down or to the side and not have it even occur to me that I'm missing something,
that there's a part of me, a reflection,
that's been misplaced.
mine is like a checkerboard of grays. I sometimes like to think that I'm in control,
that I dictate its path, but in truth I have no power over this thing I call my shadow.
It follows me.

There is a reverse world thats attached at the soles of our feet.
A shadow-world, a reflection of our world;
and its always there, always following,
too close,
too fast for us to catch their moments of freedom.

its not hard to imagine that we're being followed.
that the something that is shadowing us is not not just an absence of light.
that the world that begins at our feet, at the cars tires, at at the places where we make
contact.
is getting closer.

When the shadows disappear into the mass of shadows, of reflected world.
of shades that covers us in what we like to call night.
Then, where are the shadows? where do they go?

if there is one sure indicator that the world is at its end,
that our world will stop
that the world is beyond us and out of human hands, (though i think it will be in hands still)

                       i think the shaded thing that follows me wont be following any longer.





heres to hoping we're on good terms.

Everett Mills

2 comments:

  1. heres to hoping we're on good terms. idk why but isn't the last line always the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this entire idea about the shadows was genius.

    ReplyDelete