Sunday, September 21, 2014

love love love


 Love, love, love.


I'm in love with open spaces.
I'm in love with the
        270750 miles on the car. With barbed wire fences that protect the road from all of the cows around us, because really I don't love cows.
                                But I love the fences that go on forever, and I love the mesas and the hills whose sillouettes at sundown look like fortresses over the skyline of the nothingness; of the cows, and the barbed wire fences, and the grass and sagebrush and the abandoned volkswagon hippy van thats parked in the field of cows and grass.


I'm in love with lines, the ones that I see as I sit driving in my car.  The lines of trees along the road,
the lines of the mountains above the line of hills
above the lines of houses.
the lines of the ballfields I pass, of the sidewalks and of the fence along the walk, like the one covered in vines that touch the sidewalk and spill into the path of the line of kids on scooters, one on a bike.

I'm in love with the "memories" that I'm building now, that I know will someday be important to me and maybe even last for a long time. I'm in love with the fact that even though I don't appreciate them now I will someday, because memories work like that, and I'm in love with memories.

I'm in love with a person who talked to me for an hour about spiders:
who told me that jumping spiders are fuzzy and cute, and have two eyes like ours and so are more relatable to us than other spiders are, and that they are very
responsive
and will follow the sound of your voice with their two big eyes, and that they're friendly
and you can pick them up and hold them and they won't ever bite.
And so I learned that it doesn't matter what you love--love is love, and even if
you love a spider thats ok, because people will still love you for it.

and there are so many good people its hard not to love them-- not to love someone, not to love people, maybe its even impossible to not love.
your heart would stop beating because love is what your heart needs, right?
And when your heart is broken it can't pump the blood through your body, and it can't get yourself the oxygen your body needs, and thats when you die.  People need love, to stay alive.  People need other people, to keep their heart pumping that must-have oxygen through them.  I would say that love is what your heart pumps through your body, its what keeps you breathing and living.


even if all you love is a spider, its a start.

I'm in love with rain, even though I've never danced in it.


 And maybe I've never danced in the rain because people love me whether I've done it or not.

I'm in love with the feeling I get that makes me feel like  

Open Spaces. 

the feeling of so much space and as much sky, with just a road down the middle of it all.  Open spaces that make me feel like my mind is just as open and just as wide and welcoming,                          
                          like my limits are on the other side of the hemisphere,
like there's so much freedom we could pass it around
               and there's so much space we should put the wild horses right there and let them run and live forever.

I'm in love with the sky, desperately.  With the nothingness
that exists above my head and is full of color
                                                              and clouds,
that extends forever around this sphere we live on and that keeps going once it leaves earth, maybe forever and ever.
I'm in love with the light in the sky that turns color like a bottle with layers of colored sand, arranged into patterns.
The sky that sometimes is a Dreamworks cloudscape and sometimes
like an upside-down ocean,
with waves and ruffles of color and blue.

I'm in love with that blue stuff we call oxygen that we can't see and that doesn't have a color, but that looks beautiful above our heads and with the sun.

I'm in love. I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love
and I'm still working on falling in love with a boy, because i've never done that.
   But i'm in love with a lot and I think thats a great start, because who really needs a boy when you've got the sky and spiders, 
and open spaces with fences and memories and rain.
Unless that boy loved all those things too, and me just as much.

I guess love is love, no matter what its for.

Everett Mills

1 comment:

  1. "I guess love is love, no matter what its for." (#stolen) Great post! It's awesome that you love so many things. :)

    ReplyDelete