Sunday, June 21, 2015

hey there from me. its been awhile.

I thought of starting with a love poem or making a dramatic re-entrance but
who knew coming back could be so emotional,

so naturally I'll do neither.

For months i've been meaning to write down all of the posts I've thought out,
and i've had a lot of thoughts on my fingertips and haven't actually typed them out
or hit publish.
you could say its been driving me insaaaaaaaane, so...

I am giving you my posts, my posts that I never published.
there are a lot.
think what you want.
i am not always the speaker.
Some I wrote on my hands in sunday school
           on spare scraps of paper
           in my journal
           in my head while people-watching
           here on blogger
           some last fall
           some last night
they all remind me of that Paris place we put so much into
the city we built from scratch, of black and white typed words,
of confession sessions, rants, heartbreaks,
we wrote a cityscape of emotion that somehow changed my life--

I'm addicted to words and I've been fighting one o'clock am epilogues,
keep clinging to beautiful thoughts because they remind me of nelson,
Madeline I went LITERALLY all of last year with the words
"my fingers could say anything close to unshakable" haunting me

I've been giving things up and i don't want words to be one of them
so throwback to hey there from me.
its been awhile.

everett mills

there's about to be a flood.

1 comment: