Sunday, June 21, 2015

the Why



we all need a reason to write

I'm not an inner city kid, I'm the furthest thing from it
And I can't hate-fight like
can't look like look after myself or
fear, thief like, 
i have never frozen, starved, gratified 
taken the night trains nowhere to home
lived
the way you have and haven't 
But

your face was louder than anatomy
louder than all the structure my pencil traced
louder than my heart could hear
and so i didn't listen 
I didn't.
Didn't see the thoughts eyes carried to me, 
the white washed walls
the breathing of the hard fear framed into what you couldn't call home


couldn't you hear my thoughts, of your snapshots,
the shots on that mantle
taken in leisure
mug shots
prison decor
the scaffolds were drawn in your nightmares.

your face sounds like graffiti
i can hear the cans
smell the fumes
taste the grit and the night's street-darklight
and 
you were always 
too much
for 
me
to smile.

why
why couldn't
you break apart in my arms
you lost homage
you lost
sight
sound
the touch of humanity
tried to reclaim it in the guitar strings your fingers bled to
become

this is reality
this is not your sin
not your soul
forget your fault because
this is not yours
and the spray cans smell like your hair but
you keep saying
"possibility"
"possibility"


we were south of main street but no one knew


i'm telling reality
to shut up now,
because your life is louder than the fires at our backdoor
I cant hear a thing.
lightning only strikes once  Cram it sense, you're anything but common


and terror reports only 12 dead from the storm.


Its like the world is telling us that broken things are easier to understand


we must be really dense or else smoking simplicity because the world is 
breaking our ankles one at a time
the grand canyon took how many millennia to form well we're 
falling in falling into 
city streetlights and the wrong crowds 6,093 feet screaming from the rim we are losing memory
we are falling 
hearts aching in 
china shard explosions
innocence suspended in time,
above the surface waiting shattered in corner slums by night

the #1 recorded killer of humanity is life.


i didn't hear you because my pencil broke 
when i looked into the whites of your eyes.

everett mills.












1 comment:

  1. your face sounds like graffiti
    i can hear the cans
    smell the fumes
    taste the grit and the night's street-darklight

    You lost.. the touch of humanity
    tried to reclaim it in the guitar strings your fingers bled to
    become

    lightning only strikes once Cram it sense, you're anything but common

    Oh my goodness. The ending.. I can honestly feel my chest enclosing on itself. *snaps*

    ReplyDelete