Friday, November 7, 2014

moon dreams

Take me up
No
why.

From where I sit I see you in the scaffolding.  You've been there for days, I think. I don't know why.
But you have.
I picked a sliver from my palm and threw it to the ground, but it wafted like a snowflake, but it looked like ash in the ebony air we sat in.
Of course, you didn't see us. you just saw me.
Cream.  peaches and cream is the color of the wood.  Peaches and cream and, heres an orange and this one's banana
you look hungry.
Planks of wood standing up straight, did they take a tree and slice it with an apple cutter and hollow out the seeds
we are sitting where a seed used to grow.
In the stomach of a whale, a wooden whale, in the rib cage, sitting in tree bones, surrounded by carcasses carved smooth and straight into lumber.
we sit in a smell of wood shavings and moonlit ladders

I didn't realize it grew cold so fast.
Frozen rain on the rafters and a flicker of your face in the scaffolding
between peeled, frosted trees.
you look cold.
hair like shredded paper strips cling to the planks,
 from your head
In the scaffolding.
starlight.
moonrise

your face flickers
a shape in the scaffolds


Take me up.










okay.



stars set, dark sets, sunrise

light flutters in the scaffolding.  orange trees, carved skeletons. Hollow 
but for the breeze.



2 comments:

  1. I love these words. So perfectly descriptive and fragile at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magical and foreign.

    we are sitting where a seed used to grow.

    ReplyDelete