Sunday, November 23, 2014

I hiked the mountain

I wanted to sing.

I'm balancing on the edge of a giant clay bowl.

and It's all about life.
Its all about life its all about life its all about life its all about life its all about life its all about life its all

I'm perched on the rim of a cup.  a cup thats full with houses were people live and churches where people go and there's a field below me and its empty, I'm not sure what its for except I know its for people, because everything is and really its all about life.
the only reason that woman is walking her dog is because its keeping her alive.  Like why I'm siting here on this rock, my hand hurting, getting cold.
I'm here because I was craving life,
I was craving some living of my own and
not the life that you were watching on the screen.
I'm here because my feet were hurting for rocks and running shoes, my eyes were begging to see, my voice was bleeding to sing, and I've lost enough blood already. My heart required the bleeding to stop.

I drove past houses to get here, houses with people living in them, and I didn't see a single person with a home living inside of them.  Not a single person outside in the sunshine in the grass that will soon be snow.

we are just So many people who haven't lived in so long.

So many people whose hearts are still bleeding, pounding, they're still getting oxygen but they're dying.  Everyone is dying.  Dying like the screens we exist for, like the words that cut our hearts, dead like the trees we've killed, like the stones that built our homes.

dying like the too many bleeding hearts, pumping so much oxygen without life.

Our hearts are bleeding.  They're bleeding out life and we'd all better wake up and go outside and do something BRAVE and do some living.  because if we don't, the sun that I raced to get here is going to finally set and we'll have lost.

Lets each take a bandaid.  Our hearts are bleeding for some things, for some people, for some air.

its not from a tetanus shot, this bandaid, its not because we've skinned our knees on the scooters although really it should be.   No, this bandaid is for fake lives that need honesty, hacked lives that need healing, regular lives in need of space

its made of courage, this bandaid, of hiking shoes and solitude somewhere with a view of the town.  Take it and do something brave, something different.

make sure your breaths, your heartbeats are worth something.
are worth a little bit of change,
worth enough to call your heartbeats-
to call oxygen-
to call your hiking shoes-
to say that you have-
that you are-
LIFE.





2 comments: