i just bared my soul to you in the swimming pool,
Gina who I thought was Jana,
you who are not my grandmother but
I'll act as if you are for the next three years.
shivering in lukewarm water,
you on your floatie, I with my paddling arms,
there are some bridges built quickly, by listening, and by opening,
we are treading water and life
toss me a life line
listen to me see me
i am so lost in the words i am (so lost in the words) i am not seeing my husband in front of me
toss me a life line, he says
listen to me see me, he says
he says none of those but I am determinedly writing about the time i was listened to while i (busily) close my heart to him
listening, and opening, we need this bridge.
Gina probed with precision, so gently,
family, parents, mission, husband...
apply, Anna, apply. apply apply
hearts are to be opened
and hugged tenderly, without touching, in the water and the woodshop quiet
eyes and gentle questions
take off your clothes, soul, be bare and shivering and
swim in the water two at a time,
soft.
No comments:
Post a Comment