Thursday, December 9, 2021

love like berries

Logic from pre-marriage, a 2-years-ago draft:

love like raspberries.
I can go a month without eating raspberries and still love them just as much. the period of time between raspberry eatings doesn't change how much I love them once I'm eating them. I function very well when I am not eating raspberries and my lack of raspberry eating doesn't ruin my life, distract me terribly, or sour everything else.

With Kaleb, I never see him in the daytime anymore and hardly at night. Normally just a few minutes in the morning, and some weekends. It's hard. I'd like things to be more like my relationship with raspberries. It's so much easier. With Kaleb, I am going to go six months or several months without seeing him, and it's going to be hard. He won't be around, for me or our kids, sometimes. I hope that at these times we can be more like raspberry eaters.

I also don't get really sad and function poorly at the prospect and fear of knowing someday I won't have raspberries for a few months, or knowing that they might be a scarcity in my life. No, I love them and there will always be more at some point and that's alright.

literally, he's a drug. 

(drugs don't serve you. . . 
raspberries do)

No comments:

Post a Comment